Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I would like to ask some few questions about matters

Hello there,I would like to ask some few questions about matters regarding to my immigration status. Firstly, i came to this country 2008 and my visa expired few months after. Now I've a 7months old baby who's of British nationality including the mother. So,i would like to know if that would help me in any way and what are my chances. Secondly,as an immigration lawyer. What other options do you suggest i take other than using my child.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Are you in a relationship with the mother?

Does the mother earn more than £18600 per annum from employment?

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm and no,she doesn't.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your patience.

The child does help you yes, but it’s not simple.

You obviously don’t have to leave to remain which complicates things.

You would be applying under the ten year route. On the basis of your relationship with the mother and, particularly, your child and the fact that it would presumably not be in the interests of the child to leave the UK with you.

The most importance suggestion I can give you is that you should instruct a solicitor locally to act on your behalf and prepare the application. They will draft your statements and ensure that appropriate and sufficient supporting documentation is submitted with your application to enable you to have the best chance.

If you instruct a solicitor and remain with the motrher and actively involved in the upbringing of the child then the chances that they would be able to evict you are remote and the chances of securing leave to remain are fairly good.

I am sorry that I could not have better news for you.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. If you are satisfied then please leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom