Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

My son gets married next friday in america. s wife to be

My son gets married next friday in america. His wife to be applied for a spousal visa as per the govt website conversation this has been refused as they were not married at the time. They will live in the uk for the next two years.Does she have to go back to the USA to reapply to stay in the uk
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

On what basis will she return to the UK after the wedding?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She will come to the UK initially passing through on the way to honeymoon in Portugal, then after that she will be here till November when she is going back to the states for Thanksgiving. After that she returns here again whilst our son completes his work contract. After that they are considering whether to stay in the UK or go to America . Our son has a rented flat and works full time as a youth pastor running a youth project in South London. Hope this helps.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My apologies - I meant on what visa will she travel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She will come on a travel visa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid that she will need to return to the US to apply for a Spouse Visa.

There is also a possibility that she will be refused entry after the Thanksgiving trip if she has applied for a Spouse Visa.

Please ask if you need further assistance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I am in America. She is travelling on a tourist visa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Clare I assume that if she gets her visa during her thanksgiving visit she will be able to come back to the UK. Thank you so much for all your help. John
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome - I hope the happy couple have a wonderful time