31090051

I worked and lived in Scotland years between 1993 and 2002.

Customer Question

I worked and lived in Scotland for many years between 1993 and 2002 . Also I own a property in Glasgow which I rent out. I now live in norfolk . If Scotland get independence would I be eligible for a Scottish passport if I moved back to my property before the independence vote? I have a daughter born in England. Would she get a Scottish passport too? Also my partner of 9 years? I have my own training business so work can easily be relocated to Scotland. Please advise.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

If you were living in Scotland with your family at the date of an independence vote then the chances are that you would qualify for a Scottish passport as would your family. However, any immigration laws regulating the nationality of the people of Scotland don't exist yet so it is difficult to give you a definitive answer save that residency and birth are two factors in determining the right to nationality. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.