Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

If you have become unemployed and injured while staying in

Customer Question

If you have become unemployed and injured while staying in the UK on a tier 2 visa, would you be asked to leave?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Are you on a Tier 2 general visa?

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I'm trying to find out the ins and outs of who is affected and who won't be. For instance if your unemployed or injured and how this might cause an interruption in your employment and therefore your visa.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

If a tier 2 migrant loses their job for which they are sponsored for Tier 2 purposes then the sponsor employer should inform the home office.

The home office would then write to the tier 2 migrant and tell them that they have 60 days in order to find another tier 2 sponsor so that they can switch sponsors.

If the migrant is able to find a sponsor within that time then they can switch. If for whatever reason they cannot find a new sponsor then their visa would expire at the end of the 60 days and at this point they would no longer have leave to remain, which would most likely mean that they would have to leave the UK.

It would be unfortunate if this happened because a person was injured, but the home office would not really be too concerned or sympathetic once the person in question has lost their job.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom