Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

My son was born in the U.K on the 4th of August 2001 I just

Customer Question

My son was born in the U.K on the 4th of August 2001 I just realized that there's a mistake in his birth certificate so please advise me how can I correct this mistake and get new birth certificates.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

What is the particular mistake please?

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His name should be
BADR SHEHAB SAEED
but what was written is
BADR ABDO SAEED
so I need to correct it
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Was the child baptised with the name "shebab"?

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Baptised in the Christian faith?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry he wasn't baptized because he's a Muslim
Sorry about the misunderstanding
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Okay.

Did you use the name "Shebab" regularly in the first 12 months from when he was registered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did use
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

Generally, you cannot change the forenames of a child on a birth certificate once it has been registered because it is a historical record of facts that existed at the time of the birth.

However, where you have used the forename regularly in the 12 months from when the birth is registered and are able to prove this with documentary evidence then it is sometimes possible to change it.

Unfortunately, if you are not able to produce evidence that the middle name was used in the 12 months following registration then the birth certificate would not be changed.

So, if you have evidence that the middle names was used 12 months after registration then you may be able to get it change and would do so by starting here:

https://www.gov.uk/correct-birth-registration/what-corrections-can-be-made

However, if you do not have any evidence then the birth certificate would not be changed. In these circumstances, you would only be able to change his name by changing it by Deed Poll and the following page on how to do this is here:

https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll/change-a-childs-name

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Kind regards,

Tom