Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have only just found out that my surname on my birth

Customer Question

I have only just found out that my surname on my birth certificate is different to the surname on my marriage certificate am I legally married?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. A different surname on your birth certificate compared to the marriage certificate does not invalidate your marriage but you will need to outline to the court if there is a discrepancy between your known names and the names in the marriage certificate and divorce petition.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.