Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I am a uk citizen born in uk i want to marry a georgian

Customer Question

Hi i am a uk citizen born in uk i want to marry a georgian women how would i go about it
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is it that you would like to know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to go to georgia and marry a women who is georgian what would i need to do so we can be married in her country
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What documents would i need to go to georgia to be able to marry her in her country
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

The documents that you will need are detailed here

http://www.sda.gov.ge/?page_id=7303&lang=en

I would suggest that you ask your fiancee what kind of ceremony she will wish to have

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That web site is in georgian how can i read that
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

No that page is in English - I suggest that you cut and paste the entire link to your browser

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to marry my fiance she lives in geargia but i dont live there i live in uk what documents would i need to be able to marry her in georgia
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
  • Joint written application of persons intending to get married;
  • Identity documents of persons intending to get married;
  • In case of registration of marriage of a person aged 16 – 18, the birth certificate of a minor and a written consent of parents, consent of a guardian and document certifying his/her guardianship powers, or a court decision on the consent to marriage;
  • In case of a person’s second marriage, a document certifying the termination of previous marriage;
  • If an application is submitted by a representative of a person intending to get married, documents certifying power of representation and identity of representative.
  • If a seeker of marriage registration is a foreign citizen, the Agency may accept a foreign citizen’s passport without Georgian translation if his/her personal data in the passport is transliterated in Latin alphabet. A document issued (certified) in a foreign country shall be submitted after being duly legalized or apostilled in accordance with a corresponding rule, and shall be enclosed with a duly notarized Georgian translation unless otherwise provided by an international treaty or agreement of Georgia. To register marriage in

• Georgia, a foreign citizen must submit a document evidencing the legal ground of his/her stay in Georgia.

• So your passport and any Decree Absolute and the applictaion form - which your fiancee will have to obtain and complete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What you mean by legal ground off my stay can you explain please
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Your Visa

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will i need a visa because you can stay up to 90 days in georgia without a visa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When she marrys me will she need a visa to come to uk
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Yes she will need a spouse visa to come to the UK - which means you need to have an income of more than £18,600 and she needs to be able to pass the English Language test

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will i need a visa to marry her in her country because you can stay in georgia up to 90 days with no visa
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Unlikely - you just need to provide evidence of the basis on which you are in the oc**try

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

From what the web site says you will need to confirm in writing that you are in the country on the 90 day basis

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will only be there for maximum off 10 days so how will it work
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Your fiancee will have to ask at the Registration office exactly what is required

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i get a spouses visa so she can come to uk and how much does it cost
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What is your income?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
30k
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Does your fiancee speak good english?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
very good
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

In order to come to the UK as your spouse a she will need to meet the English requirement (no problem) and you will need to meet the income requirement which is also no problem.

You can access the forms you need here

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/apply