Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I'd like to enquire about applying for ILR. I have been told

Customer Question

I'd like to enquire about applying for ILR. I have been told I have two more years in London before I can apply. I am on a Tier 2 General visa and I have a wife and two daughters who are my dependants.What documents do I need to apply? For example joint bank acount etc
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: sure
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. When you are applying for ILR you will need to show you earn more than 35,000 per annum. You can count up to 48 hours per week for calculating this income threshold. Here you will need pay receipts which set out how much you earned in that year. Your application will be on the SET(O) APPLIcation form.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Your partner and children may also apply for ILR if they have been five years in the UK. They will also qualify for ILR as they will qualify as your dependent as they will have been lawfully and continuously in the UK for five years.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. Here is a link to the SET(O) APPLICATION form and guidance notes for filling it out. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-settle-in-the-uk-form-seto

In these guidance notes, it also sets out the requirements for accompanying documents. So you should read it carefully and see what applies to you.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

5. Here is a link to the UK Government website where you can find the list of criteria which apply to you. https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

6. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.