Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I am a British citizen with a Pakistani wife living in for

Customer Question

I am a British citizen with a Pakistani wife living in Karachi for many years. We are both retired persons and would like to move to UK. We are financially independent and would be no burden on the state services.
My question is can we both enter the UK at the same time or whether I have to proceed to UK first and my wife applies later? The reason I ask is that we need to sell our house in Karachi (worth about Pounds 3 to 400000) before we can buy property in the UK. So if she gets an entry visa we could put the house in the market. Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

At the time that your wife will apply will you have held at least £62500 in cash savings in a bank account for more than 6 months?

Tom

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No problem of funds., My question is whether I have to be in the UK when she applies?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please reply now. Thanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

There is no requirement that you are in the UK. You can be in the UK or outside of it, but your wife would have to make the application from Pakistan obviously.

Provided you hold the funds I have referred to in my previous post you should meet the financial requirements in order for her to get a spouse visa.

If ideally you would wish to enter the UK at the same time then this is not a problem. You can simply stay with your wife whilst she applies for her spouse visa, though you would probably not be able to travel to the UK whilst the visa application is going through.

Alternatively, you can travel to the UK alone with a view to buying a property and your wife can apply herself from Pakistan.

The most important suggestion I can give you is that you instruct a Uk based solicitor now with a view to them preparing your wife’s application when the time comes. The application is one of the more complicated ones and there is a considerable evidential burden and the way the information is laid out on the .gov website is not that transparent.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks. I am satisfied with your answer. Can you recommend any UK lawyer who could prepare the application form for my wife?
Bashir
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

I'm afraid that I cannot give recommendations under the terms of this site.

You can use the law society's find a solicitor site to find a lawyer in the area where you are likely to be:

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Good luck

Tom

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please debit my account only once this time and not every month. If I need any help in the future I will contact you. Thanks for a return confirmation.
Bashir ************
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

I have referred your account enquiry to customer services..

Tom