Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I would like to marry my Partner who is Jamaican and we

Customer Question

I would like to marry my Partner who is Jamaican and we would like to live in the UK. I am a UK Resident and have lived in the UK all my life. What are the current regulations/requirements please?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much do you earn?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It varies - I am self employed as a Banking Consultant. Last year it was around £250k p.a., this year could be slightly less or more. What Is the minimum requirement please?
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Are you aware that the site charges extra for a phone call?

The requirement is that you earn more than £18,600 per annum; that your spouse can pass the English test, and that the Health surcharge is paid.

(and the fee of course)

You can read more here

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Clare, I was aware of the additional charge for a telephone call, but as one was not available, this does not apply. My partner has two Children who are American. What are the minimum level of my savings required, accommodation requirements and how long do we have to have known each other/been married? I have seen the Application Form and it asks some very detailed questions on this. What evidence of this is required? I am presuming that the Home Office is particularly keen to ensure that we are in a reasonably long and established relationship in order to avoid "sham marriages?" Does the English Test apply to Jamaicans and if so, what is the nature of the test? Is it possible to take the test before getting married? Would this give full and immediate UK Citizenship for my partner and her children. How does the 33 months period work? Are interviews required? What would the total fees be? I saw an application fee of nearly £6k for a mother with 2 children (excluding the health surcharge) quoted on a Government website - is this correct? What is the risk of getting married (in Jamaica) and then having the application declined? Is there an additional risk of being declined after the 33 month period? Apologies for asking so many questions. Thank you, Nigel.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

I will be happy to call tomorrow evening if you wish.

How old are the children?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Clare, the Children are 8 year old twins. Yes, a phone call this evening (Saturday) would be very helpful. Thank you, Nigel.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Clare,Do you know approximately what time you will be calling this evening please so that I can plan accordingly?Thank you.Kind regards,Nigel.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

My apologies I have only just become free - would you prefer noon tomorrow?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This evening would be better please as I will be out tomorrow.Many thanks.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Are you free now?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

The Health surcharge link is here

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/pay

English test Centres are here

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/541659/Approved_Secure_English_Language_Tests_and_Test_Centres.pdf