Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Can my husband and i be sponser to our daughters albanian

Can my husband and i be sponser to our daughters albanian fiance to get a visa to the uk or does our daughter have to do it
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

What nationality is your daughter please?

Is your daughter employed at a salary above £18600 per annum?

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My daughter is british and is pregnant ,her boyfriend is Albanian and lives in Albania. He wants to get a visa to come to the uk. No she doesent earn that much as she is pregnant,which is why i want to know if my husband can be his sponser. My husbands income is around £85,000 per annum.
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

I’m afraid that the financial requirement for a spouse visa prohibits parents from also acting as sponsor, which means that the financial requirements must be met by your daughter own personal assets/income.

You would not be able to act as sponsor as such.

However, if you are of sufficient means that you are able to gift your daughter £62500.00 then she her fiancé could apply for a fiancé/spouse visa once she had held this money for 6 month. She would also have to hold the money throughout his spouse visa or until they have sufficient income to meet the £18600 per annum salary threshold.

If you were minded to gift the money to your daughter for this purpose then I would attend a local solicitor to execute a Deed of Gift confirming that the transfer of money is a pure gift and not a form of loan as you would need this for his application.

Sorry that I could not have better news for you.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry is that sixty two thousand ??
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Correct, £62500.00

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, thank you for your help
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Thanks. Good luck.

Tom