Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I applied my work permit extension in april 2016 and still

Customer Question

i applied my work permit extension in april 2016 and still waiting for decision do have any idea why they taking that long?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

I would normally expect an application for a renewal of a work visa to take about 2-3 months on average.

However if the department is overburdened with applications or there is an element of your application which requires a senior caseworker to examine a particular issue then this can increase the time greatly.

It is not unheard of for an application to take 6 months from submission and acknowldgement of receipt and for it to come back approved, so there is no need to panic.

If you have received an acknowledgement of your application then I would expect you to hear something within the next 8 weeks or so.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

I cannot have a phone call i'm afraid.

If you require any clarification then please simply reply to this thread..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am panicking because my company visa extension also coming next month and my employer going to apply next week hopefully. will this effect on my visa? do they know my company visa going to finish in current year ?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

I assume that you are stating that your employer is going to apply to renew it's sponsor licence. It may be that they are waiting for your employer to make the application to renew their sponsor licence before deciding your applicaiton.

Providing that your sponsor is renewing their licence and they are successful then it should not affect your application in the long tern.

Please remember to leave feedback..

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my last question and i will give feedback i am sure.
do you know what type checking they do when my employer will apply for sponsor licence and how long they taking for company sponsor licence extension?Many thanks
Regards:
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

They check that the application form is completed correctly and that they have not breached the conditoin of their licence (eg not reporting to the home office when an employee has left, not employing illegal migrants etc).

Generally, it takes about 2 months from receipt.
Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i ask one question please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 year ago one of my colleague left and my employer thought he will come back but he didn't and home office give our company B grade and also they told us to complete action plan for Grade A.
We are Grade A after 3 month.
you mentioned same example which happened with us in past. will they raise this issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we informed late to home office about him
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

I expect it would be okay provided that they have complied with what the home office asked..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mean i don't need to worried about yes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i didn't got your answer
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

If they have complied with what the home office asked then they should retain their licence. This would mean that your application would not be affected