Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I have a question regarding naturalisation. I came to uk in

Customer Question

Hello,I have a question regarding naturalisation.I came to uk in 2005 on student visa with my wife and one year old daughter as dependent. Second daughter born in 2006.I have got psw in 2009 then tier 1 general in 2010 and ILR in 2015 with my family.Youngest daughter register as British and got passport after our ILR last year.Me, my wife and elder daughter who is 12 now, 3 of us have ILR from last one year.Now the question is, As my family was on dependent visa throughout there stay in uk (11 years), is my wife and elder daughter can apply for naturalisation and passport without me? Will they get refusal because main applicant is not applying? I want to know the outcomes if they both apply without me. Because I have planning to apply after a year or so.Regards
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Give it a try if you find one.
Was it that complicated?
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 months ago.

1. Your wife and daughter can go ahead and apply for UK citrzenship Without you applying. You can make a UK citizenship application whenever you want. Since each of you now have ILR, each of you has a free-standing right to apply for UK citizenship whenever you want. Just because your wife and child were dependent upon you before you got ILR, this does not mean that you have to apply for citizenship in order that they get citizenship. They can apply before you if they wish and get citizenship and naturalisation.

2. Both your wife and your daughter will get citizenship even if they apply without you. Their entitlement now stems from having ILR. It is no longer dependent upon you.

3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. Can you please support your answer with evidence from immigration law, as I want to see the actual wordings to satisfy myself before proceed.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
but someone with thorough answer
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please search for someone who can come up with thorough answer.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, refund please