F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My child's nanny was recommended by my friend and kept

Customer Question

my child's nanny was recommended by my friend and kept asking her to bring her ID proof but she always had an excuse. I wasnt strict about it either as she used to look after my friends children too. I has been now nearly 1.5yrs and she was behaving mysteriously and i doubted her honesty. So i told her that i dont need her anymore and she was aggressive by throwing things in my house. Now she is threatening me that she has been illegal and i have employed her. All these days she had told me that she could stay in this country because her daughter is studying in the school in North London. Last week i have confirmed from one her friends that she is illegal. Would i get in trouble if i report her to the police? She is now working for somebody else.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 11 months ago.

What do you want to achieve by reporting her to the police?

What you can do is go to the police and tell them that you are aware that someone who used to work for you but is no longer working for you is an illegal immigrant and that you know their identity and where they’re working provided they will confirm that you will not be prosecuted for previously employing someone who you no longer employ.

Please rate the service positive. It doesn’t cost you anything but helps me greatly.

We can still exchange emails. Best wishes. FES.