31090051

My child's nanny was recommended by my friend and kept

my child's nanny was recommended by my friend and kept asking her to bring her ID proof but she always had an excuse. I wasnt strict about it either as she used to look after my friends children too. I has been now nearly 1.5yrs and she was behaving mysteriously and i doubted her honesty. So i told her that i dont need her anymore and she was aggressive by throwing things in my house. Now she is threatening me that she has been illegal and i have employed her. All these days she had told me that she could stay in this country because her daughter is studying in the school in North London. Last week i have confirmed from one her friends that she is illegal. Would i get in trouble if i report her to the police? She is now working for somebody else.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This question is related to my last question. In that case can i report her illegal status as an anonymous informer? Thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Best do it anonymously or not at all: you could be given a civil penalty of up to £20000 for employing someone who is in the UK illegally.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay. So i better do it at some other time. Other wise she might mention about me.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Yes I think so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you JGM.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But the fact is that she lied to me that she was eligible to work in UK otherwise i would have let her look after my child.
Also my she has looked after my colleague's children but no excuse, i should have done a proper check. Silly me!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant i wouldnt have let her look after my child.