Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Please can you confirm the following On a Fiance visa (6

Please can you confirm the following
On a Fiance visa (6 Months to gett married in the UK) can you apply before the expiry of your fiance visa for a settlement visa in the UK after you marry ? or do you have to return to your native country and apply for a settlenent visa from there ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

If you come on that visa then once you are married you can apply to remain in the UK and you do not need to return to your home country.

This is the reason for applying for this visa

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But you answer conflicts with the information on the goverment websites application page. Please ca you explain the following statement taken from this site - THINGS YOU CANNOT DOMarriage Visitor visaYou can’t:
get public funds
bring in family members (‘dependants’) - they must apply separately
live in the UK for extended periods through frequent visits
EXTEND YOUR VISA OR SWITCH TO ANOTHER VISA
work - except for permitted activities related to your work or business overseas, eg attending meetings
study for more than 30 days - studying can’t be the main reason for your visit1. Overview
2.Eligibility
3.Documents you must provide
4.Apply1. OverviewYou must apply for a Marriage Visitor visa if:
you want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK
you want to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in UK
you’re not planning to stay or settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership
you meet the other eligibility requirementsYou don’t need a Marriage Visitor visa to convert your civil partnership into a marriage - you can apply for a Standard Visitor visa.You can’t apply if you qualify for British citizenship - including if you can have dual nationality. You must apply for British citizenship instead.How long it takes to get a visaThe earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.Example
You can apply from 16 March if you plan to travel on 15 June.You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.You can check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in your country.FeesIt costs £87 to apply.How long you can stayYou can use this visa to visit the UK for up to 6 months.What you can and can’t doYou can use this visa to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK:
within 6 months of your arrival
in any location licensed for this purposeYou can’t:
get public funds
extend your visa or switch to another visa
study for more than 30 days - studying can’t be the main reason for your visit
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

My apologies - we are talking about two different Visa's

You are talking about a "Marriage Visa' where you do indeed have to go back to your home country to apply for a Spouse visa.

I am talking about what I regard as a Fiancee visa - which is detailed here

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility