Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

With the Marirage visit visa. (6 Months and then return to

With the Marirage visit visa. (6 Months and then return to your native country and apply for a settlement visa) are we allowed to go and honeymoon and return to the UK before the expiry of this visa or once you are married you are unable to return regardless of its expiry ? and can we visit another country and return to the UK prior to when we get married ie is it a multi entry visa or jus get married ad go in effect ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Ho

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid that a marriage of visit visa is not a multi entry visa. This means that the visa is granted for 6 months and you may enter the UK once during the six months and you must leave before the expiry for six months.

Once you have left after entering under a marriage visit visa you would have to wait a further six months before you applying to enter again on a visit visa or you can apply for a spouse visa wants you have returned to your home country without waiting for six months.

Please remember to leave feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Tom

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You are staying it's only single entry visa , say for example you had a family emergency prior to you getting married and had to return home. Are you saying that you would then not be allowed back in the country even though your wedding for example would be for the following week and you could prove this ? Does the visa actually state single entry ?
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Basically, yes, that is what I'm saying.

It's a single entry visa, which means that you do not have the right to enter multiple time. If you left and flew back, you would be asked questions by the entry clearance officials and most likely refused.

I am sorry but please do remember to leave feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom