Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

My Girlfriend is in the uk on a 6 month tourist visa, she is

Customer Question

My Girlfriend is in the uk on a 6 month tourist visa, she is brazilian and due to fly back home in November. When can she visit the uk again on a tourist visa? does she have to stay out of the country for a certain amount of time before she can enter again?
Would there be any restrictions for her coming back again? Are there any visa types she can apply for now while in the uk to stay here and not leave brazil?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

What date did she arrive?

What day in November will she leave please?

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tom,It's early to mid november, no later than the 15th I think.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** mean her total time in the UK on this trip is 6 months approximately?

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will be just under 6 months which is what she was given upon arrival in london
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

Unfortunately, because by the time she has leaves she will have stayed for 6 months she will have to wait for a further 6 months once she has returned to Brazil before she can apply for a visit visa again

This is because no visitor is permitted to spend more than 6 months in any 12 months period in the UK and so she must wait until she clocks a further 6 months outside of the UK.

Unfortunately, there is not visa that she can apply for to extend her stay for this reason. The only possible visa would be if she were suffering from acute health problems and to make her travel would be prejudicial to her health, but I assume this is not applicable to you.

She is free to apply for a further visit visa after she has returned to Brazil for 6 months, but the entry clearance officials will obviously be a little concerned with the amount of time she is spending in the UK and also that her boyfriend is in the UK. They may view here as an increased risk of an overstay for this reason and so it is essential that you demonstrate as much evidence as you can of her compelling family and social ties to Brazil to show them that she is not a risk of an overstay.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom