Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I would like to apply for British citizenship. Will I have

I would like to apply for British citizenship. Will I have to ask for my criminal record? or How can I prove that I'm a good character?
Thank you in advance.
Kind Regards,
Brigitta
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

What convictions and sentences do you have and when did they occur please?

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tom,I don't have any convicitons or sentences but I would still need to prove that I'm a good character for the British citizenship.Thank you.Brigitta
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

The good character requirement is here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/406368/Chapter_18_Annex_D_v02.pdf

However, you simply prove the requirement by answering the questions asked about convictions/precious behaviour in the application form when you apply for naturalisation.

If you do not have any criminal convictions or multiple civil judgements or bankruptcy against you then you will meet the requirement and it will not be an issue.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tom,That's great. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome..