Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I am a British citizen. I have assets in the UK. My fiance

I am a British citizen. I have assets in the UK. My fiance and I are going to the UK to establish a business. If we marry in the UK while he is there on a 6 month visitor visa, can he apply for the right to remain in the UK with me and extend his stay? He wants to be able to work legally in the UK.
If he has to leave when his visitor visa expires, how quickly can he apply to return, and what type of visa or entry permission should he apply for?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

Unfortunately, no visitor on a visit visa can apply to extend their stay from within the UK. This is because all visit visas are subject to the condition that the visitor must leave the UK before the expiry of the visa. This is taken to mean that they cannot switch in to another visa category from with the UK.

This is applied very strictly and the application would certainly be rejected.

You will have to make his application (I assume for a spouse visa) from outside the UK after her has returned following his visit here unfortunately.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 10 months ago.

Kind regards,

Tom