frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My husband has an expired passport with his ILR. We are

Hi. My husband has an expired passport with his ILR. We are applying for NTL to have a biometric residence permit. He does not have a current passport. Do you think our application will be successful? Thank you.
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: We are permanent residents. My husband has an expired passport with Indefinite leave to remain. Im using NTL form to apply for his biometric residence. We could not renew his passport at this time. Im just wondering if his old passport with ILR is sufficient for the application.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Your husband's expired passport with ILR should be sufficient to make an NTL application. Please read through the guide line before making the application for confirmation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thank you for the reply. I did read the guidelines. NTL is for lost or expired passport. On the first page of the application form it is asking for a passport number. As his passport is expired do we still have to write his passport number?

NTL application is No Time Limit to transfer ILR from an expired passport. You will need to still write the passport number which contains the ILR.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah, ok. Thanks. I am really nervous about this application as it is our own fault that we let the passport expired and then new requirements from the Phil. embassy came in for a new passport application hence the delays and not able to wait for a new one. He is applying for a new job and they are requiring a BRP. Hopefully we will be successful in our application for NTL with his expired passport. Do you know any applications similar to our situation which have been successful?

I hope all goes well. I would be grateful if you rate please.