Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am a british citizen born in 1972. I got married in

hi I am a british citizen born in 1972. I got married in Pakistan and got my wife got spouse visa.she got her visa when she was 8 months pregnant with my child.tried all airlines but they refused her say that shes at risk.could not bring her to uk whilst pregnant. so the baby had to born in Pakistan. Baby was born in 24 april 2016.my wife then came to uk leaving our baby with mother in law in Pakistan.i don't know how to bring my baby to uk.im british so my baby is british. some solicitors say you to apply for right of abode certificate of entitlement some solicitors say apply for british passport. I don't know which route to take please help me. any more questions just ask. thank you awaiting your reply.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

You should make passport enquiry application at the British embassy in Pakistan. Your child is a British citizen by law so no registration is required but you will be asked to provide evidence that you are British otherwise by decent.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
you mean apply for a british passport and download the relevant forms and fill them in.will there be an interview for parents and child do I need to book that appointment.

You would need to contact the British embassy in Pakistan given that your child resides in Pakistan and ask if they accept British passport applications failing that you may contact Her Majesty's Passport Office. They may very well interview you. Yes it will usually involve downloading and filling the relevant forms and there may be an interview.