frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am a British citizen born in the UK. Currently I am in

I am a British citizen born in the UK. Currently I am in Pakistan with my baby who was born here prematurely a month ago.
Could you please advice me of the quickest way I can travel back to the UK with my daughter.
The father is a pakistani citizen.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your enquiry. Emergency documents are generally for those who have had their passports lost or stolen. As this will be your child's first passport, it may not be issued. You will need to apply for a passport for your child. Best to contact British embassy in Pakistan for further information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I not apply for Certificate of entitlement of right of abode for my daughter as she is a British citizen. What are the conditions to apply for this. And will this be quicker than applying for a British passport which at the moment stands at at least 6 months.

Contact the British embassy and ask them. The information you have been given is that you need to apply for a British passport for your daughter. Certificate of entitlement as an application can take as long.

Please rate thank you.