How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Frantz I Your Own Question
Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 402
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Frantz I is online now

I am a British citizen born in the UK. Currently I am in

Resolved Question:

I am a British citizen born in the UK. Currently I am in Pakistan with my baby who was born here prematurely a month ago.
Could you please advice me of the quickest way I can travel back to the UK with my daughter.
The father is a pakistani citizen.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 10 months ago.


Thank you for your enquiry. Emergency documents are generally for those who have had their passports lost or stolen. As this will be your child's first passport, it may not be issued. You will need to apply for a passport for your child. Best to contact British embassy in Pakistan for further information.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can I not apply for Certificate of entitlement of right of abode for my daughter as she is a British citizen. What are the conditions to apply for this. And will this be quicker than applying for a British passport which at the moment stands at at least 6 months.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 10 months ago.

Contact the British embassy and ask them. The information you have been given is that you need to apply for a British passport for your daughter. Certificate of entitlement as an application can take as long.

Please rate thank you.

Frantz I and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions