How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 565
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I want to know something.My husband is a British citizen he

Resolved Question:

Hello..I want to know something.My husband is a British citizen he applied for me as a spouse visa from my country bangladesh.And I got 2 n half year visa in 2014.and its goin to expire next year in august. I have a little baby 4 month old and he got british citizen as well as.
But thing is we want separation(divorce) I want to stay with my baby here in uk. so is that divorce will effect on my visa or immigration. .what law says about this matter?00
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Divorcing your British husband will affect you spousal visa.​ But you may be able to stay in the UK on the basis of having a British child. You would need to seek legal advice

frantzgregory and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you