frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I want to know something.My husband is a British citizen he

Hello..I want to know something.My husband is a British citizen he applied for me as a spouse visa from my country bangladesh.And I got 2 n half year visa in 2014.and its goin to expire next year in august. I have a little baby 4 month old and he got british citizen as well as.
But thing is we want separation(divorce) I want to stay with my baby here in uk. so is that divorce will effect on my visa or immigration. .what law says about this matter?00
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Divorcing your British husband will affect you spousal visa.​ But you may be able to stay in the UK on the basis of having a British child. You would need to seek legal advice