frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Is this service free of charge? Assistant: Thank you. Can

Customer Question

Hi is this service free of charge?
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: In 2010 My work permit ran out and I was refused an extension in visa. I had to return to my home country. I had debts which I was paying at that time but due to visa issues I lost my job and failed to pay off my debts. Now I have returned in 2015 and now I'm working part time (earning only 1/3 of what I was earning before) barely making enough to fulfil my basic needs. The debt collectors/bailiffs/CCJ have traced me to my current address and are now chasing me for money. What should I do? I cant afford to repay, should I file for bankruptcy?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
as I am on spouse visa which is running out in December 2017, will bankruptcy effect my visa extension next year?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Bankruptcy is likely to affect further visa applications. You should not bury your head in the sand. You should contact the debt collectors to discuss your financial situation and try to come to some payment arrangements with them. This is the best possible way of alleviating any adverse effect to any further visa application. UK visa application fees are very expensive if you are barely making enough to fulfil your basic needs how do you expect to pay for your visa extension - this may be the view the debt collectors may take.

All the best. Please rate.