Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I want to apply for my mother to come and live in the uk but

Customer Question

I want to apply for my mother to come and live in the uk but am not sure what the process is
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can wait a few days
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

What nationality is your mother?

What nationality are you and what is your status in the Uk please?

Tom

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My mom is jamaican. I am naturalised uk citizen
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Can your mother carry out everyday personal and household tasks? eg cooking, cleaning, dressing herself etc

Tom

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
She is of good health and a practicing nurse.
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

HI

Unfortunatelt, if your mother is in good health and able to work then she would not be able to apply simply on the basis of your relationship and that you are a UK citizen.

This is because she is nnot regarded as Adult Dependent Relative because she is able to look after herself and does not have an existing medical condition.

So, this means that she would have to apply independently of you and on her own. Assuming that she does not have access to £200, 000 for the purpose of investing in a UK business that she would run, then the most likelt form of visa would be a Tier 2 general visa:

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/overview

As you will see from the link, this is a visa where she must be offered a job by a tier 2 sponsor who is willing to sponsor her to come to the UK for the job.

If she is not able to find a sponsor for this visa then her options are extremely limilted if she wishes to work. I am sorry.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom