Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

My x wife came to the Uk about ; years ago and she has a

My x wife came to the Uk about ; years ago and she has a indifinit leave to remain . She invited me to the Uk about 2 years ago and I have a 5 years visa which 3 years left. I have separated from her and I was wondering if she can make any intruption to my visa or when I want to apply for British passport, can she reject it as I was under her case. Plz advice asap
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.

Do you mean that you came to the uk on a spouse visa because your wife had indefinite leave to remain?

What nationalit is your wife?

Tom

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, yes that's correct and I have been granted 5 years visa which I can apply for British passport after that I believe. She is Iranian and she has travel document ( no British passport yet)
Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.

Just to confirm: your wife came to the United Kingdom on her travel document. She then obtained indefinite leave to remain. You then applied for a spouse visa on this basis.

Is this correct?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it's correct, she came as a refugee and she got leave to remain. She was my sponsor to get my visa and although we are divorced now but her name is ***** ***** my visa as my sponsor.!i want to know if she can cause me and my visa any issue in the future as she was my sponsor
Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a job from an employer who would be willing to sponsor for a visa (if it came to it)?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not yet . But I was thinking to open up a business and buy a property . Will that help? What do you recommend me to do?
Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.

How much money do you have to invest in a UK business please?

Tom

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Max £250k
Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

Unfortunately, if you are here on a spouse visa and the relationship has broken down then you are not in a good position.

This is because your visa status is dependent upon you remaining in a married loving relationship with your wife. If there is a separation then once the home office become aware of this then they will curtail your visa (ie. terminate it) and write to you advising of this.

The home office will inform you that you no longer have a right to remain in the Uk and that you have about two months to leave the UK. At this point you would probably have to leave.

Nothing will likely happen until your wife informs them that you have broken up, but once she does you need to be prepared.

You would have to switch to another visa. If you do not have children then this is going to be quite difficult.

The most common form of visa that people apply for in your situation would be a tier 2 general visa (https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/overview) which is where an employer offers you a job and sponsorship to stay in eh UK. However, if you do not have a job at the moment and not prospect of getting an employment offer then you would not be able to apply for this.

if you have £200, 000.00 available to invest in a business then you would potentially be able to apply for a tier 1 entrepreneur visa (https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/overview) . You would actually have to invest the sum in a UK business that you would run, but you could get a visa on this basis. However, you would have to return home to make the application for this visa from there.

If you consider that you may apply for a tier 1 entrepreneur visa then I would use the time now to work out a business proposal and business plan and see an immigration solicitor immediately in person so that you have someone who can represent you when the home office finds out.

I am sorry that I could not have better news for you.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will leave a positive feedback and thanks for all your advices. regards