Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am due to extend my visa in few weeks. However, I have a

Customer Question

I am due to extend my visa in few weeks. However, I have a confusion with my online application in section "Convictions and other penalties".
I received two PCN for driving in on 30th and 31st July 2015 bus lane, I paid £65 for 30th and got pardoned for 31st July 2015. And I received a Speeding Fine SP30 (Exceeding statutory speed limit on a public road, 3 Points) on 24th of Feb 2016, again settled with paying £100 fine.
My question is when filling my online form, should I put both of them in the section which says "A civil Penalty issued under UK Immigration law” or "A penalty for a driving offence, e.g. disqualification for speeding or no insurance".
Am I right by saying that I put my Speeding fine in "A penalty for a driving offence, e.g. disqualification for speeding or no insurance" and my PCN in "A civil Penalty issued under UK Immigration law". After reading in forum some say of them are saying it is not important to put and some are saying it is good to put it just in-case.
I would like to seek professional advice and I would like to let you know that this is what I have done in my online application so far.
A penalty for a driving offence, e.g. disqualification for speeding or no insurance
What was your driving offence?
Something else
Tell us what
Speeding Ticket
Give more detail, for example, the fine or points on your licence
SP30: Exceeding statutory speed limit on a public road. Penalty Points: 3
Date of the penalty (day, month and year)
24 February 2016
Which country was the offence in?
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law
Why did you get the civil penalty?
Being in a Bus Lane
Give more detail, for example, how much was the penalty
I drove my Motorbike in Bus lane in Bloomsbury Street WC1. The fine was £65. In-fact I received two PCN, one after another but I was pardoned for later one and paid for the first PCN only.
Date of penalty (day, month and year)
30 July 2015
Regards,
Aarif
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 10 months ago.

What visa application are you applying to extend?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am so sorry that I forgot to mention the most important thing. I am extending my Tier-2 General VISA.

The guideline attached to the application is useful in what you should disclose but it is good practice to be open about your circumstances with all immigration applications.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Frantz,
Yes, you are right and I was planning to be open and let them know however, my original question is that which is the appropriate place to put my answers for PCN and Speeding Ticket.Where should I list them, should I list them in "A civil Penalty issued under UK Immigration law” or "A penalty for a driving offence, e.g. disqualification for speeding or no insurance"
OR
should I list my PCN in "A civil Penalty issued under UK Immigration law”
AND
Speeding in "A penalty for a driving offence, e.g. disqualification for speeding or no insurance"For your consideration I have attached my application form.Thanks

Should be documented in "Additional Information" section. If you were not disqualified, you shouldnt say you were. Speeding ticket is not a civil penalty issued under UK immigration law. You ought to seek legal advice.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have made a change in my application form from "Disqualified for Speeding" to "Something Else"
I have attached the document can you please have a look one more time.Thanks

Unfortunately I cannot give advice on the content of your form.