Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My two friends want to get married... One is a British

Customer Question

Hi my two friends want to get married... One is a British citizen and the other is on limited stay as asylum seeker... What procedures will they have to take and how will the friend who is on limited stay get indefinite leave to remain after she is married ....
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

You will find the procedures here https://www.gov.uk/marriages-civil-partnerships/foreign-national

Please rate. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
HiIs there any other way.... And what about after marriage how can she get indefinite leave
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
After marriage will she be allowed for indefinite leave to remain...and when
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just want to know will she be allowed to apply and when after marriage.... Alsothe procedures you gave were good it just the second part of the question I felt like u didn't answer
Expert:  Frantz I replied 9 months ago.

I am happy to answer further questions when I have been positively rated. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can u answer my question
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have paid money for this yet u haven't answered the full question
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You are not nice.............
Expert:  Frantz I replied 9 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

If your partner has been granted a spousal visa on the basis of your marriage, the Home Office will usually grant 2.5 years spousal visa and at the end of this initial visa, your partner will be required to extend her visa for another 2.5 years. Once your partner has been in the UK for 5 years or more and she meets the requirement, she can apply for indefinite leave to remain.

I hope this answers your question.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What if she has been living in the UK for the past 9 years
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As an asylum seeker
Expert:  Frantz I replied 9 months ago.

That would not matter because time spent in the UK as an Asylum seeker is not usable in the spousal category.