frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I was deported from UK to Albania in 2015 after serving

i was deported from UK to Albania in 2015 after serving 9mths of a 2year sentence (out on good behaviour). I am married to a Latvian woman. how can i find out if i have been banned from the uk and if so for how long.? I have my prison number but nothing in my passport to say I'm banned.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

What did you serve your sentence for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
false ID documents and money laundering and sentence originally 36months served 11. went home /paid myself voluntarily. (sorry for confusion a friend is typing this on my behalf)

Thank you for your enquiry.

Your deportation will continue until after 10 years from when the deportation order was made.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't think a call will improve as my question is how do i determine if i have a valid deportation ban and if so how long its valid? who keeps these records for me to check

The Home Office keeps the record and the ban is 10 years. If you want to know if your deportation order is valid you should seek legal advice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But i have nothing in my passport and no documents to that effect so how can you be sure that i have a deportation order still valid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just finally who then in the home office should i call. i have a lawyer but he can't help me.

We can only rely on the information you provide. You have indicated that you were deported back to Albania? How could you have been deported without any paperwork or process. The Home Office just dont turn up to deport you without presenting you with a deportation order or any paperwork.

You were in prison servicing a sentence of less than 4 years and this is a 10 year ban. You should contact the immigration enforcement on*********** This is a public number as far as I know.