frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

How to declare fixed penalty notice for driveing in set o

How to declare fixed penalty notice for driveing in set o ILR form
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: i need to apply for ILR using SET o Form i.e.5 year route i was issued a fixed penalty notice in october 2012 no need to go to court no points issued as i was on ind***** *****cense
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In Set o Form question 7.3 it asks
7.3 Have you or any dependents who are applying with you been subject to, or received, any other penalty in relation to a criminal offence; for example caution, reprimand, warning, or similar penalties in the UK or any other country?My question is shall i declare my fixed penalty notice for driving offence here.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

was a fine issued? what was the offence?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was issued Fixed Penalty Notice sent to my home address for 60GBP if paid in 14 days reduced to 30GBP.
I paid within 14 days.
I accidentally entered wrong side on a one way.
I was driving on my india license which was still valid on the date.
I was caught by a police office who happened to be there right at the point of the turn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In 2013 I applied for a CRB certificate and there was no trace of it in the CRB certificate.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

A single fixed penalty notice which was paid for without a court hearing does not form a pattern of behaviour that would be relevant in making a refusal decision. However, it is good practice to mention your fixed penalty in the additional information section.

frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.