frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Dose the 10year ban apply to a spouse visa im a British

Customer Question

Dose the 10year ban apply to a spouse visa im a British citizen but my husband has a ban to enter the uk I just want to knw if I apply for a spouse visa for him does the ban stil apply
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

Yes the ban still applies unfortunately.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I'm not sure if he has a ban he over stayed his visa in England n he got caught but he escaped to Italy now he lives in Italy

Well we can only give support from the information users choose to disclose. You said he had a ban and now you are saying he doesnt? Any future application he makes will be affected by his immigration history and compliance. If you require any further information please rate first. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But is there any way we can overcome the ban if he has one by writing to the immigration as I'm a British citizen and I'm in my rights
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I couple of solicitors iv asked and they sed it sudnt effect anything as ur applying on a spouse visa

If a solicitor has given you advice then you should be able to rely on their advice. At JustAnswer we can not give advice. My understanding of the rules is that if you have been ban, any further application for a visa will be refused whilst that ban is still active.