Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My girlfriend is from Brazil, we have been together for

Customer Question

My girlfriend is from Brazil, we have been together for around a year now but when she last visited the UK and stayed here with me for 6 weeks we found out that she is pregnant. I would really like her to come back to the UK and have our baby born here. I do want to be with her but I don't particularly want to get married, I have done some reading and it seems that this is the only option, apply for fiancee visa, giving her and 6 months to marry then extend the visa again once married etc etc ... are there any other options than this for us to be together and have the baby born in this country?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 9 months ago.

What is your nationality? Are you employed and if so how much is your annual income?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am British, I am employed and earn £30,000 per year and I own my own house.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your enquiry

You are in a difficult position here given that you are not at a position in your relationship to get married and you have only been in your relationship for only 1 year. You have little or no other option. If your relationship is established and the next stage is marriage the option of a fiancee visa is viable but concrete arrangements would be expected to have been made in the UK to enable your marriage take place within 6 months.

I hope this answers your question and if so please rate on your way out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.