Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My girlfriend from Macau came here 2005 on a six-month visa

My girlfriend from Macau came here 2005 on a six-month visa her passport and id card have expired, we live together in my house are very happy together but is there any way we can stay as we are legally, we are to frightened to go to the Embasy becaues she will be sent home. I am 66 years old,my partner is 56, her English is not good but ok,she cannot write English, she would love to go home to see her mother and son but cannot travel, would be so greatful if you could give us some advice. mr m Eveleigh
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

If your girlfriend has been in the UK since 2005, she may be able to regularise her stay in the UK under private life on the basis that there is signifiant obstacle to your girlfriend integrating back into Macau. We are not able to do an assessment of whether your girlfriend would meet the threshold for that you would need to seek legal advice.