frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I'm really stressed and don't know what to do. my daugter is

Customer Question

hi
I'm really stressed and don't know what to do. my daugter is married and has a son they are british born. her husband lives in India he has been studying for esol was about to take his last exam and had a stroke. so now he is too ill to take it. he is out f hospital now. my daughter has special needs their sn has developmental problems. the family is being trn apart by this please help
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

I am assuming your daughter's husband is of Indian nationality. Your daughter's husband can rely on the exception to the English language requirement on the basis of his medical conditions. He must provide medical evidence to support his application to join/accompany his British wife and child into the UK. If your daughter has special needs and reliant on Disability Living Allowance, carer's allowance or severe disablement allowance in the UK she will also be exempt from meeting the financial requirements under Appendix FM.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can they do that? so he does not need t take the exam due to his illness? We have proff of his condition. They have not seen each other for over 2yrs now and it's effecting her and her son.

Yes there are exceptions to the English requirement and medical illness is one of them. Please rate. Thank you.