frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My daughter and her son live here in uk. but her husband is

Customer Question

hi my daughter and her son live here in uk. but her husband is in India. he has been trying to pass the esol exam to cme over to uk. but fell ill he had a stroke was in hospital now home. don't know how long it would take him to recover. my daughter has a learning disability and her son has developmental issues. he has not even seen his son who is 2 now. what can i do to help them unite
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Your daughters husband can rely on the exception to the English language requirement on the basis of his medical conditions. He must provide medical evidence to support his application to join/accompany his British wife and children into the UK. If your daughter has special needs and reliant on Disability Living Allowance in the UK she will also be exempt from meeting the financial requirements under Appendix FM