Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I am a British citizen living in the UK. My parents are over

Customer Question

I am a British citizen living in the UK. My parents are over 65 years and they currently reside outside the UK. They don't have any of their children living with them in their home country. I would like them to join me in the UK.
I would like to know what is the process for applying for them; the considerations I need to take into account and the timeline for this process. Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for your patience.

Can they carry out day to day tasks like cleaning and dressing each other?

Do they have any preexisting health conditions?

Tom.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They both are in good health and they can carry out the day to day routine without issues/support.
Expert:  Thomas replied 8 months ago.

would the propose to work din the uk?

Could they invest £200,000 in a business if it got them a visa?

Tom.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They would not work in the UK and neither are they would they be able to invest £200K.
Expert:  Thomas replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for your patience.

The only way that a a uk citizen can bring parents to the uk is if they are abke to apply for and Adult Dependent Relatibe visa.

You will see that this is confirmed by the heading titled "Coming to be cared for - you’re an adult dependent relative" on the following link:.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility

If your parents can look after themselves for day to day purposes and do not have any health conditions whig require care that is not available in their country then their application for this visa would be refused.

If they do not intend to work then they would simply have to apply for visit visas to come here occasionally bit they would not be able to stay on the uk on visit visas for more than 6 montha in any 12 month per is.

I am sorry.

Please remember to leave feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Tom