frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I have a question reagarding to my legal rights to live and

Customer Question

Hello there. I have a question reagarding to my legal rights to live and work in the uk. I am a non-EU national and married to my wife who is a EU national. I have obtained a EEA family residence card (valid for 5 years) after living and working in the uk for 5 years, at the start of October we posted out the application to Home Office to apply for permanent residence. Today our form and documents were returned from HO as the card payment was invalid. We immediately corrected the payment details and post the application again. My question is: Am I currently legal to work and live in the uk? (The fact that my EEA residence card was expired a week ago) Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

You should remain legal. Expiry of an EU residence card does not invalidate your rights under EU law.