Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I need help filling and EEA FAMILY PERMIT FORM. I'm an

Customer Question

I need help filling and EEA FAMILY PERMIT FORM. I'm an Ital***** *****ving in the uk since 18 years. I need help identifying which questions refer to me and which to my spouse who is not an EEA national. Form is confusing.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm trying to fill the online form.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 month ago.

I cannot have a phone call but can assist in helpng. Please let me know your questions?

Tom

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi. Are you familiar with the online application forms for EEA Family Permit?
The phrasing of the questions is ambiguous, thus I can't tell for sure if the question needs to be answered by me the EEA national or my Spouse who is not an EEA national. For example; section of the form is FAMILY DETAILS, a section is entitle SPOUSE/PARTER and then goes into questions about passport no, date of birth and parents names and details. It's not clear whose details go in here mine or hers? Please advise.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 month ago.

I will be able to answer at about 9.15..

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

If your spouse is the non-EEA national he needs to apply for a family permit, then they must submit the online application form.

Where the form refers to ‘you’ or ‘applicant’ the form is referring to your spouse because she is the non-EEA national who is actually applying for the family permit.

Where there is a section relation to ‘your family’ then this is referring to the family of your spouse and so she would have to complete this.

Your spouse will be asked for her passport number and issuing authority/expiry details in the form and she should list these.

There will be a section relating to ‘sponsor details’ and in this section it will refer to ‘the EEA nationals details’, the EEA national in this case is you because you are the Italian citizen based in the United Kingdom who will sponsor your wife for the purpose of obtaining her family permit.

Your wife will be asked about her passport details/ dates of birth and parent’s names and details, which she will have to insert in this section. Where the question asks about the sponsor or the EEA national, this is asking about you and she would have to insert your details there.

If you have any specific questions then please let me know, but I would remind you that it is your wife who must complete the online application and submit it herself rather than you.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi. Tom Thanks. Ok. It starts to make sense. I understand that is her, the non EEA national, who is submitting, yet the form offer the option to apply on behalf of someone. That's what I'm doing.A question When the form asks "how long do you intend to stay in the uk?" She will state, permanently, right? as that is the purpose of her coming ie. to live with me. Please advise.
Can we leave this line of help open a bit more for any other tricky questions? Im at work now but intend to complete form before weekend.
Thanks in advance. Will contact you soon.
Louis
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 month ago.

Hi Louis,

She should state that she intends to stay for the foreseeable future and ultimately permanently with you.

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 month ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 month ago.

Kind regards,

Tom