Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I want to apply for an extension of my visa under FLR M

Customer Question

I want to apply for an extension of my visa under FLR M process. I will use the premium service for a same day decision. What is the earliest date that I can make my application? Is it 28 days before expiry date of my visa or 28 days before completing 30 months in U.K under my current visa? The UK Gov guidance is not clear.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
OK, please keep trying!
Kerry
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 28 days ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thanks. Please note that this request refers to the UK visa entry process.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 28 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

It is 28 days before the expiry of your visa.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Hello Frantz
The reason that I am asking this question is that the Immigration Directorate Instruction Family Migration: Appendix FM Section 1.0a Family Life (as a Partner or Parent): 5-Year Routes August 2015 includes the following text, on page 13 :
'A person in the UK with entry clearance or limited leave to remain as a partner granted under Appendix FM on the basis of an application made from 9 July 2012 should apply for further leave to remain no more than 28 days before their extant leave expires or no more than 28 days before they have completed 30 months in the UK with such leave. Up to 28 days of extant leave remaining at the date of application will be added to the period of leave granted.'I need to know whether the "no more than 28 days before 30 month" option applies to applications through the Premium Service Office. The timing is very important to me, so I wanted to be sure that you are aware of this guidance note.Kind regards
Kerry Shipley