Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My wife and I have 10 year B1/B2 U.S. Visas and travel to

Customer Question

My wife and I have 10 year B1/B2 U.S. Visas and travel to America every year . Recently my wife was stopped , breathalised , arrested , and convicted for driving over the limit . Neither of us have any convictions for any crime anywhere in the world prior to this recent event .
We are due to travel out to America shortly and are wondering if the US immigration Officer at the Airport we land at will find the conviction when he scans my wife's e-passport ?
In other words is it likely we will be stopped for this reasonably minor conviction that will now appear on the UK Police National Computer or any other Passport connected database ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

No.

There is no sharing of convictions between the UK and USA. Therefore unless it is volunteered they will not find out.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank You I have no more questions at this point in time

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have just seen a warning on the internet that this site is a scam ????? Should I be worried ?????

The site is owned by a Company based in San Fransisco. You are on the .co.uk site, so although run from there, we are UK Solicitors and Barristers.

I can assure you, we are quite genuine and real.

Does that clarify?