frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I run my own company and use recuritment agencies for

Customer Question

Hi. I run my own company and use recuritment agencies for contractors to help with projects. I was wondering if it's legal for a worker on a Tier 2 visa to be allowed to work for an agency if that agency is not their sponsor
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: sure
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

A Tier 2 worker can only work for their sponsor and the sponsor must have a sponsor licence granted by the Home Office. As part of a Tier 2 application the sponsoring employer will have provided the prospective employee with a certificate of sponsorship tying the employee to the employer. Therefore it would not be allowed for a worker to work for an agency if that agency does not have a sponsor license and is not their sponsor.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for that.
So is it ok for me as a company to work directly with the sponsor? (We would be paying the sponsor who has the employee we want to use on a project)

I believe so. Please rate. Thank you.