frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My son is trying to get his wife to the uk from the ukraine

Customer Question

my son is trying to get his wife to the uk from the ukraine they were refused on application with the reason given, one being that his income was insufficient, my question is what is acceptable for his income as he is (a) self employed and earned £21450 before any deductions , but as he is a subcontractor he has 20% tax deducted before he is paid and claims that back at year end so as his income is shown net so reduces the figures. also he is an armed forces reservist and received £3500 which is through paye, he needs an income of £22400 to cover his wife and her child, can he count his self employment as gross income as well as his paye income or does the self employed part have to be counted net
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

All income is based on gross amount.