Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am going to apply next monday for ILR visa under 10 Years

Customer Question

hi, i am going to apply next monday for ILR visa under 10 Years long resident.I came to this country 30/04/2006 with student visa, after 2 months letter i had a minor health issues with my kidney and i go back to my home country to Turkey and i stayed 183days in Turkey.After then I came to UK on 21/11/2006.from 21/11/2006 till today i spend 10 years here without gap.on the visa applications ,they are asking the gap is more then 6months so i have to write on the form and i have a 6 months gap but I'm counting my 10 years after my 6 months gap.legally i followed all the rules in 10 years.im still afraid.this 6 months gap will effect my application?do i need to explain with a cover letter?also do i need to prove my gap reason?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

If you have a continuous period of 10 years lawful residence in the UK and the 6 months gap is outside this 10 years then you shouldn't be afraid.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hi,
as i said that 6 months gap is outside my 10 years but on the form i have to write all the gaps,from i first enter the uk included that 6 months gap.i am just worried if they don't check carefully my 10 years start after this gap.should i write a cover letter or normally they will find out theirself?
Expert:  Frantz I replied 8 months ago.

The best thing to do is to write a covering letter and also explain why you were away for 6 months.