How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Thomas Your Own Question

Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7580
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I have overstayed in uk for, I met my partiner in 2013 in

Customer Question

Hello Tom,
I have overstayed in uk for long, I met my partiner in 2013 in Scotland. My partner doesn't work he is in special needs so I live with him since 2014 December. We have been trying for a baby for long now but no luck with that ( sad ) though we are not giving up on that. We got engaged on Feb 15 2016 and we are looking forward for a register wedding on April next year. About to prove if we lived together in same address, I never used know the importance of them so I used to bin them but since May this year I have been keeping letters showing we live in same address. Pls help as we both don't work as I am not eligible to work but I am always there for him to love and care for him till death do us apart.
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 months ago.


Does your partner receive any of the following benefits:

Carer’s Allowance.

 Disability Living Allowance.

 Severe Disablement Allowance.

 Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.

 Attendance Allowance.  Personal Independence Payment.

 Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.

 Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He gets the disability living allowance I think because he gets the one of £124 a week.
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 months ago.

Okay. Are you named as living at the address on any of the following:

  • valid UK or EEA driving licence
  • gas, water or electricity bill from the last 3 months
  • bank or building society statement from the last month
  • council tax bill from the last 12 months
  • mortgage statement from the last 12 months
  • current tenancy agreement
  • letter from your landlord confirming you live there and including your landlord’s name, address and their signature dated within the last 7 days


What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
< Previous | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
  • UKSolicitorJA's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    English solicitor with over 12 years experience
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Immigration Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    US immigration attorney licensed in state and federal court.
  • Alice H's Avatar

    Alice H

    Solicitor Advocate

    Satisfied Customers:

    Partner in national law firm

Related Immigration Law Questions