Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I am originally from Latvia, british by naturalisation. I

Customer Question

I am originally from Latvia, british by naturalisation. I would like my parents to move to the UK. My mum is Latvian citizen, my dad is permanent resident of Latvia. Both are retired, around 75 years old. Have health problems. I am a single mum. My questions are:
On what basis they can move to the UK ( especially my dad, because he is just permanent resident of Latvia)?
Will they be entitled for any financial support because i am a single mum and i wount be able to help them.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 12 days ago.

Unfortunately, if you are not able to sponsor and support your dad in the UK, he isn't able to join you as an adult dependent relative in the UK.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What criteria do i need to meet to be able to do this?
How about my mum? Can she claim any benefits while we are in EU?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
what if my dad has got health issues? Would it help for him to move here?
Expert:  Frantz I replied 12 days ago.

You need to show you are able to support your dad with his care in the UK without claiming benefits.

EEA nationals have rights to reside in the UK. Your mum will not be able to claim benefits until she meets the habitual residence test.

Expert:  Frantz I replied 12 days ago.

Please rate to receive any further answers

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok, if i go back to work full time, my housing benefits will be reduced, will i be able to bring my dad here in this case? I will be working full time. And how much do i need to earn for him to be able to move here? What if i take mortgage with him? Would he be able move here in this case?
Expert:  Frantz I replied 12 days ago.

Sorry I cannot support you further without a rating.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
You havent answered my question for me to rate you
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello Nicola, it has been a while and nobody contacted me yet. Could you please cancel the question and refund me money . Thank you