frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am a non eea family member of European citizen, October

Customer Question

i am a non eea family member of European citizen, October 2012 i was given a 5 year esidence card " eea family member" as an unmarried partner of eea national exercising
treaty right in the UK valid on till October 2017.
i lost my passport in august 2016 so i decided to apply for permanent residence card as i can proof 7 years of living together with my eea partner , November 2016 i applied for pr using eea4 application , June 6 2017 i was given another 5 years residence card instead of permanent residence card i applied for. when can i reapply for pr card and when can i naturalise.
waiting to hear from you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 3 months ago.

If you used he correct form EEA (PR) and you provided evidence of your partner exercising treaty rights for 5 years then you should have been granted PR instead of another 5 years. You can apply for PR anytime you have the documents to prove your residence in the UK