frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am a Canadian living in the uk with permanent leave to

Customer Question

I am a Canad***** *****ving in the uk with permanent leave to remain. The stamp indicating my status was in my old passport which is now lost.New passport does not have stamp. I cannot travel abroad because I have no proof of my status. I have to visit canada as a relative is very ill. is there any way of quickly getting a document that confirms my status.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately there is no quick fix here and you would have issues on your return. You would need to apply for a NTL to transfer an existing settlement visa from an old passport to a biometric residence permit and this can take up to 6 months