frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Based on the previous information I provided. Could you

Customer Question

Based on the previous information I provided. Could you answer the following:-1) If I go to Colombia in the next week (23-Jun-17) and marry my girlfriend do I need to be living with her for a minimum amount of time (my trip is 2 weeks) before applying for a UK Spouse Visa?2) In the time that we apply for a Spouse Visa will my girlfriend be allowed to enter the UK as she currently has a UK tourist Visa that expires on the 04-Oct-2017. (it runs from the 03-April to the 04-Oct-17 - my girlfriend visited the UK for the whole of the month of April before returning back to Colombia).3. What is the average time it takes to process a UK Spouse Visa from Colombia Medellin?4. If we do not apply for a UK Spouse Visa, can my girlfriend come to the U.K and extend her current tourist visa, if she arrived mid July?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 3 months ago.

Y​ou cannot extend a visitors visa beyond 6 months. There is no minimum time after marriage to stop your partner from applying. No your girlfriend cannot travel whist her application is being considered. You need to contact the British embassy in Colombia to aske for decision times.