frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

We have a spouse visa and my husband has been in the UK for

Customer Question

We have a spouse visa and my husband has been in the UK for over a year we now have a baby that was born in the UK after he came, I have been getting child tax credit and child benefit will this affect his case when we apply for his visa extension??
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
By the way he came from Pakistan in 13 December 2015 and his extension is due in November 2018
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 5 months ago.

If your visa states no recourse to public funds, you should not receive public funds doing so may lead to a curtailment of your visa or a refusal under the general grounds for refusal. Under a spousal visa, you are prohibited from receiving public funds including child benefit

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Does this mean my husband will be refused and has to go back to Pakistan? We will not take any more child benefit from now how do we resolve this as I have taken child benefit for a year now

You need to seek offline legal advice to assess your case on its merit. I cannot say for definite whether or your husband's application will be refused. All I can say is that there is a risk. This concludes my answers. Please rate.